Design with Lisa Frantz Interiors
With careful listening and exacting project management, we bring clients a turnkey interior design experience that is fluid and hassle-free.
We start by listening. From here, we can discern your needs, tastes, desires and plan for moving forward. This includes nailing down the nitty gritty detail to keep your project on time and within budget. From here, we work in mood boards to establish a project’s sensibility, or we simply create by taking cues from your personality and lifestyle.
- Determine scope of work.
- Identify your project team, including architects, contractors, receiving warehouse, paperhanger, and so many more. The experience and chemistry our team shares with each other and our vendors means a shared expectation and working style. This creates efficiency, with everyone able to do their best work with clarity and an end result of superb quality.
- Determine a critical path with a timeline that is realistic and works all stakeholders in your project.
- Establish your wishes surrounding level of detail and finishes, furnishing style and budgetary requirements.
- Most of all, we get to know you and your family — favorite colors, shoe size, loves and hates, pet peeves… all those bits and pieces inform our design style as we strive to create the perfect home that reflects YOU (and not your designer).
Design Concept Development:
This is where the fun begins.
- Develop space planning, mood imagery and initial material palette ideas.
- Present our ideas to you in the form of interior sketches, furniture plans, elevations, ceiling designs, floor patterns, furniture reference and preliminary finish selections… just to name a few!
- Once we fulfill the major design concepts to your liking, we start developing those ideas. In this phase, we push the design concept into every corner of the project to develop and understand each of the interior spaces, how they will function and how they will relate to each other.
Once design concepts are approved, we embark on:
- Sourcing, shopping and selection: With our long-standing relationships and diverse experience, we can work on a blistering timeline, source a vintage lamp part or gain access to one-of-a-kind fabrics on a moment’s notice—creativity and connections make us nimble.
- Detailing – Once you’ve approved the design phase, the in-depth detailing of the project’s design begins. In this phase, the interior design drawings are fully coordinated with consultants and vendors as needed. This detailed work is paramount to ensure that the design is executed correctly.
- Documenting – After the details are developed and coordinated, working drawings are developed with required construction information pertinent to your local requirements. In addition to the set of drawings, specification packages of plumbing, lighting, cabinetry, finishes and paint schedules are submitted. Your documentation is specifically tailored to the needs of the project and the client. These documents assure that all trades, designer and client are on the same page!
Purchasing and Order Management:
- Once we’ve put all selected items on proposals, and you have approved and paid for them, the ordering begins! We won’t bore you with the details of this phase, but when you see our purchasing binder, you will understand why each item requires about 10 documents from order inception to receipt in the shipping warehouse. The devil is in the details! We inspect for damages, track each delivery, and stage it in a bonded and insured warehouse until your home is ready for delivery.
- Installation is the best part of the whole process. In one day, or sometimes it’s more like one week, we magically install your home—beds are made, closets organized and the fridge is stocked!